Latest topics
» French court upholds Muslim veil ban
by mistermack Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

» Ziggy's Introduction
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 pm

» What does social justice mean to you? What do you feel are the most important areas to work on?
by Ziggy Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:28 am

» Introducing Jim
by jimhabegger Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:52 pm

» Current Drug Laws, a failure. How to make them better?
by mistermack Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 pm

» Rape Culture in the west - I think it hyperbolic, let's discuss
by dandelionc Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:25 pm

» Is there anybody out there?
by tomokun Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:36 am

» mistermack says Hi
by tomokun Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:51 am

» Why I Joined This Forum...
by tomokun Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:54 am

» Speculations about the feuding
by dandelionc Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

French court upholds Muslim veil ban

Go down

French court upholds Muslim veil ban

Post  Exi5tentialist on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 am

TheLocal wrote:(Date January 8th, 2014)
A French court on Wednesday convicted a young woman for wearing a full-face Islamic veil in public and threw out her bid to have the country's controversial burqa ban declared unconstitutional.

Cassandra Belin, 20, was also convicted of insulting and threatening three police officers at the time of her arrest, which sparked two days of rioting in the town of Trappes, near Paris, in July, 2013. She was given a one-month suspended prison sentence for the clash with the police and a 150-euro ($200) fine for wearing the veil.

More here

So in blatent violation of the Freedom of Religion set out in Universal Declaration of Human Rights, a major western country is enforcing an islamophobic law with hardly a peep from any civil liberties pressure groups.

Exi5tentialist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: French court upholds Muslim veil ban

Post  scott1328 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forum, obviously you can see that this forum has pretty much died. But maybe someone will be along to defend France's deplorable actions

scott1328

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Veil Ban

Post  Exi5tentialist on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks.  Recognising this forum was dead, I thought it would be an ideal place to post.  At the moment, it's the one place on the internet I know of with the least chance of having an islamophobic pile-on.

Exi5tentialist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermack on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:31 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:Thanks.  Recognising this forum was dead, I thought it would be an ideal place to post.  At the moment, it's the one place on the internet I know of with the least chance of having an islamophobic pile-on.

I'm fed up of this constant bickering on this forum about religious rights. When rights interfere with other rights, someone has to lose out. And just being religious doesn't give any higher rights that any other. It's too easy for religious loonies to invent some disgusting ritual, and then claim it's their religious right to pursue it.
Making women hide their faces is as disgusting as it gets. Sod em. Vive la France.

mistermack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  scott1328 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:26 am

mistermack wrote:
Exi5tentialist wrote:Thanks.  Recognising this forum was dead, I thought it would be an ideal place to post.  At the moment, it's the one place on the internet I know of with the least chance of having an islamophobic pile-on.

I'm fed up of this constant bickering on this forum about religious rights. When rights interfere with other rights, someone has to lose out. And just being religious doesn't give any higher rights that any other. It's too easy for religious loonies to invent some disgusting ritual, and then claim it's their religious right to pursue it.
Making women hide their faces is as disgusting as it gets. Sod em. Vive la France.

It is probably an exaggeration to say this board suffers from "constant" bickering when there is an interval of six months between comments. Did you confuse this forum with another perhaps?

scott1328

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Exi5tentialist on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:04 am

I agree that women should not be "made" to wear the veil. But what if they choose to? Where's the evidence that all muslim women who wear a veil are 'made' to? Some, yes, you can find that evidence. But all? I don't see how that's possible.

Exi5tentialist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermack on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 pm

scott1328 wrote:

It is probably an exaggeration to say this board suffers from "constant" bickering when there is an interval of six months between comments. Did you confuse this forum with another perhaps?
Sorry. It was one of my pathetic jokes. Along the lines of :

There was a monastery which had a vow of silence, with one exception, one monk was allowed to speak every 25 years.

One morning when they were all eating porridge for breakfast on the day speech was allowed, the Father superior said, "does anyone have anything to say?",

"yes I do" said brother John "This porridge is too hot".

Silence resumed for the next 25 years and the day came round again and father Superior said "does anyone have anything to say?",

"yes I do" said brother Michael "this porridge is too cold".

Silence resumed again and another 25 years passed and once gain at breakfast the Father Superior said to the now ageing and wrinkly old monks "does anyone have anything to say?"

"yes I do" said brother William "I am leaving the monastery".

r"why is that?" said the father superior, bother William replied

because I'm sick of all the bickering over the bloody porridge!!!!".

mistermack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermack on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Exi5tentialist wrote:I agree that women should not be "made" to wear the veil.  But what if they choose to?  Where's the evidence that all muslim women who wear a veil are 'made' to?  Some, yes, you can find that evidence.  But all?  I don't see how that's possible.

It's not possible, if you regard ''made to'' as a one-off action.

But if you include a lifetime of indoctrination, and domination by one sex of another, then you could regard ''made to'' as not just possible, but a fact. That's how I see it, any way.

mistermack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down